Thursday, June 12, 2014
Along the way, before and after
1. The light and colors seem too cool, add some warm?
2. The background trees, blur more? lighter? soft edges, less intense, cooler?
3. Test out viridian and cadmium yellow mix.
4. Use a warmer brown for the main tree trunk.
5. Review the values, too much medium? Where should it be light/dark?
I worked on answering those questions and comments to myself today. Now I'll leave the painting for a few days to see if I want to do something else with it. Original photo of the site below:
Early spring, deciduous tree leaves light yellow green. Location: off the rail trail, Auburn, NH, south of Clark's Pond (Depot Road). To see larger images, just click on any of the images above.